Monday, October 26, 2009

3 weeks in and loving it!

Well hello dear friends and family,
 
I just wanted to give an update of life here at the Ranch. First of all, thank you for all those who have given and have been praying for me. I so appreciate it! I am still praying and expectantly waiting for the full financial provision. I am still about $2,000 short! I know that to God this is not a large amount and I am learning to walk in simple trust that He will provide if I am supposed to be here (which I have every confidence I am supposed to be here!) . Please continue to pray with me in this!
 
As for the school and the campus, well let me tell you! It has been an adventure. From day 1 we have been thrown into intense moments of seeing God move. I have always known that God is real, but coming here and being in such a place I am seeing the reality of Jesus' love for me like never before. The reality and simplicity of who He is, that when I thought I was a "good enough" person, I wasn't. That God created me for relationship with HIM. That He is not just some thing in the sky that is awesome, but He is a Father when we do or do not have one... that He is a Friend that will never leave my side. That He is everything I ever needed. That He is longing for a daily, moment by moment relationship with me. I am learning to hear His voice. It's amazing. It's wonderful to see many of my classmates that have just come out of the world, who had no real knowledge of who God is, coming to see that this is what they have always longed for, that He is everything they ever wanted or needed. That HE is alive and Real. There is so much joy and freedom that comes from knowing the Lord this way.

the pictures above:my friend LeeAnn (from Canada, married & 3 kids & I,
my brother Fitu (Samoan, grew up in New Zealand) & I,
& my favorite spot to sit, near the fireplace where I can watch outside...


The land and campus is beautiful. It is so interesting because you drive for hours through prairie land that looks much like eastern Washington and then you drive up a hill and you are in the middle of a forest. it was just here and the owners of the camp created this place. IT is... wow. There is a 20 person hot tub that we have used quite often in the evenings, which let me tell you is beautiful when the snow is coming down. We are staying in cabins that hold about 10 people each. There are horses on the hill and a comfy fire place with couches that I spend a lot of my free time sitting near. I look outside and often see deer wandering very near the buildings as I dream about the future, walking with the Lord. 
 
There are about 35 students. As I said before it is called "All Nations, All Generations" and wow there are families with newborns all the way up to some staff and students that are in the 60's, 70's and 80's. It is amazing to all walk together as family. There are people from 14 different nations represented. A lot of Islanders (who I have become close to!), some Koreans, a dear girl from Japan, a lot of First Nations (Indians) and of course Canadians and a handful of us Americans. It is incredible. We are walking with some of the most honored and amazing leaders in YWAM. I am amazed at the feeling of family that we have here. A place of safety for this time where all of us are being changed and transformed into new creations.
 
God has given me personally many amazing experiences so far. I'll be honest, I have never really experienced a heart for my own people (the Quinault tribe). But since being here God is restoring to me a heart for them and for the First Nations people across the US and Canada. In one prayer session, something broke inside of me and I felt the Lord asked me to stand and dance and sing in the tribal way. I said, but Lord, I don't know how! I felt Him say to me, "Come and I'll teach you." I got up and with the Native Drums pounding in the room and through my being I stood and something changed in me. I began to dance in a way I have never moved before as a Native daughter. War cries came out of me and I knew that I was realizing a part of who I am, of who I was created to be. It was such an amazing moment in time. He is teaching me that every time I take a step in dancing in worship it is warfare. That something is breaking in my family. It is amazing. And it has continued to be a part of my daily life. This is just one small part of what is happening in me here.
 
I have NO IDEA what is in store for me next, but I am so excited to be here for such a time as this. I am being challenged and changed daily. I pray for home often and for the church and all of you my friends and family, that God will reveal Himself to you in many new and wonderful ways. I miss you all so dearly and hope that things are going well with you. I would love to hear from you!
 
Some of you have asked for my mailing address, i don't remember who -- if you want it you can email and ask for it ;)
 
Thank you for your love and support... and I hope that you all are being encouraged and challenged and changed more and more into the people He created you to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment